Saturday, August 9, 2008

Baby Shower Blues (or Pinks)

I went to a baby shower today. It is the second one in a month and both moms are having girls. Now why does this make me blue? BECAUSE I WANTED A LITTLE GRANDDAUGHTER! I know, it shouldn't matter, and truthfully, it won't. However, I was SURE Alyssa was having a girl. I was so sure I almost started a pink quilt. Every freakin pregnant person I know (and believe me that's a lot) is having a girl except Alyssa!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure why I was so attached to the idea of Alyssa having a girl. Maybe it was because we almost always seem to have girls first in our families. All I know is that I love pink and I can't go into the baby section without ooohing over the little ballet shoes, and ribbons, and clothes. It's almost too much to bear.

Now don't get me wrong, I love having my two boys. I love how easy they are to be around, and how totally unhormonal they are. They are so funny, and much easier to talk to than girls are at this age. I even remember how incredibly funny everything that they did was when they were little. Nicholas was so snuggly and inquisitive and Christian was hilariously naughty. He was so cute that it was hard to get on to him. I know that Logan will be just as much fun, but I can't help feeling melancholy about missing out on all the little girl activities like french braiding hair and going shopping like Alyssa and I did. Did I tell you that I LOVE PINK!

I wasn't alone in my wish either. Shirley, Andy's mom, also wanted a girl. She has 3 boys, and this is her first grandchild. This is especially significant because Andy is the youngest and his 2 brothers are in their 40's and not married. I think Alyssa was her last hope for a grandchild, and WHAM another boy! Now this is certainly not fair because Shirley is the nicest, most giving persons I know. She has taken Alyssa in like a daughter and she is so incredibly kind. I could never wish for Logan to have a better grandmother. Doesn't she deserve a girl?

Oh well, if Logan is healthy and strong then it will not matter that he carries the dreaded y chromosome. As a matter of fact, think of how many girls there will be his age hanging around. Watch out for my tall, dark, and handsome grandson girls. He's on his way.

...and he can still take ballet right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boys unhormonal???? yea right!!!! lol