Thursday, May 20, 2010

Guys & Dolls

So I am still trying to do my best to catch up with the blog.I have included some photos of PLHS Spring Musical Guys and Dolls. I can't say enough about the show. I think it was the best one we've experienced there, and that's saying a lot. Christian has worked his way up the food chain to a main supporting role, and was comic relief (surprise) Nicely Nicely. Nicholas, still being a total Frosh, was the symbol player in the Salvation Army Band. I was very proud of both my sinner and saint (watch the show).

Synopsis (stolen from IMDB) All the hot gamblers are in town, and they're all depending on Nathan Detroit to set up this week's incarnation of "The Oldest Established Permanent Floating Crap Game in New York"; the only problem is, he needs $1000 to get the place. Throw in Sarah Brown, who's short on sinners at the mission she runs; Sky Masterson, who accepts Nathan's $1000 bet that he can't get Sarah Brown to go with him to Havana; Miss Adelaide, who wants Nathan to marry her; Police Lieutenant Brannigan, who always seems to appear at the wrong time; and the music/lyrics of Frank Loesser, and you've got quite a musical. Includes the songs: Fugue for Tinhorns, "Luck Be a Lady", "Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat".

Below are some pictures, and if you are interested, Christian had several musical numbers that you can check out on you tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/alcar66

He was great in Fugue for Tin Horns, hilarious in Guys and Dolls, but it was his solo in Sit Down You're Rockin the Boat that made tears swell in my eyes. The first night I saw it I wanted to jump to my feet and yell "That's My Son" I was so incredibly proud.












No comments: