Monday, August 31, 2009

Cravings

I've had a few cravings, but mostly I've been able to satisfy them by going ahead and eating the foods I love in small portions. However, I've really been craving cupcakes this week. For those of you who don't know me, cupcakes are my weakness. I like plain vanilla cupcakes with buttercream icing, and I buy them at this fabulous little place called "Cupcake Island." I've been able to stay away because the bakery is nowhere near anything I frequent, and I have to make a special trip to go out there and buy cupcakes. I haven't decided if the drive is worth 1 cupcake because I am determined to buy only 1 if I do give in.

Today I was craving a hot buttered biscuit, but what did I eat... yogurt and a banana. I've also brought yummy homemade vegetable soup for lunch. I made it for dinner last night and it was AWESOME. It was also easy. 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 8 oz of whole wheat pasta spirals, 2 chicken bouillon cubes, and 3 1/2 cups of soup vegetables (okra, potatoes, celery, carrots, lima beans, green beans). Dump it all in a pot, add 1 of the tomato can's full of water, bring to a boil, and simmer until the pasta is done. I also added a touch of garlic and basil for flavor, but no salt because the bouillon cubes had enough salt in them. Try it, its really good and filling.

No comments: