Monday, August 27, 2012

Well Here I Am Again...

Yep, it's been over 2 years since I wrote anything, and yep, I suck. It isn't like there is'nt anything going on, or that my life is boring, oh no. It just seems that everytime I sit down at the computer, I get sidetracked with bills, and schedules, and everything else that takes up my time. Anyway, I think most people who care about what's going on in our life keep up to date with us on Facebook (because for some reason that doesn't seem to suffer no matter how busy I am) but I am going to try and be better about writing my blog. I'm not sure if anyone reads it, but it is mostly for me and the kids as a kind of public journal...and bragging rights.

I guess I need to catch up on all of the important stuff that has happened lately, but obviously, I can't do that in one sitting, so here's what I'll try. I'll try to reminisce about one important event (or child) per post, and I'll try to bring everything up to date. If you already know the goings on, then you can keep on going, but for me, I'll just do a little back tracking and see where that gets me :-)

Every time I open my blog to check other people's blogs, I am faced with a 2 year old picture of Alyssa and Logan (I notice the changes in him the most). Right below that very short post is a 2 year old picture of Christian from his Junior Prom, and that really makes me sit up and take note of how outdated my blog is. Christian is now a Sophomore in college, and Logan is almost 4. All of my kids have done so much over the past 2 years. I have been present, recorded it with my camera (and some video), and I've loved almost evry miute of it, but I didn't put down in words (short of a Facebook status) how I feel about the times whice are a passing. So I'll rip off the Band-Aid and start with the hardest post I hope to ever write, and go from there. Comment or don't, it's up to you. Again, I do this for myself, but I'd love to know what you think.

1 comment:

MeeMaw said...

I'll be following, of course.