Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Nickle Pickle


Today my baby turned 14 years old. 14, can you believe that? This is his last year in Junior High; next year he will be a Freshman in High School. Before you know it he will be graduating and going away to college. Time flies so fast.

I can't tell you how proud I am of Nicholas. He is intelligent and talented, but his tangible strengths are not what make him so spectacular. What is so special about Nicholas is that he is the most genuine and loving person I have ever met. He would give you the shirt off of his back or walk through fire to help even a perfect stranger. He is compasionate, selfless, generous, and caring. He gives me and the rest of his family unconditional love, and is an amazing son, brother, uncle, and friend.

It hasn't always been easy for Nicholas to live in Alyssa and Christian's shadows. Many times, as they recieved honors or attention (good and bad) he quietly sat by and lovingly supported them. Nicholas is extremely proud of his siblings and his nephew, but today is all about him. Nicholas Richard Cardona, Nicky Ricky Dicky, my baby, my friend, my Nickle Pickle. I love you.










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day to Nicholas,
Such a sweet post Mitzi, I really like reading your blog. Karri

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Nicholas! Some very nice pictures too.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nicholas!!!
This post made me cry!! Such a sweet post and describes him to the T!

Charlestons on the go said...

I can't believe I forgot Nicholas's birthday. I agree. Your description is the true picture of Nicholas. We love him too.

Happy Birthday, Nicholas.

Love, Lucy and Bob