Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Wisdom of Christian

Ok. I'll admit it. All of my computers now have wallpaper of Logan. I put a delicious picture of his sweet baby face on my laptop, and I snatched a shot Alyssa had on Facebook for my desktop. It is hilarious. He has his frog slippers over his casts. Alyssa calls it his T-rex feet picture.

When Christian got home from Showchoir practice, I showed him the picture and he made a smart remark about being replaced. Sarcastic or not, it stung because I knew he was right. I have been so focused on Logan's arrival that I haven't been singing the praises of the boys like I normally do. Bad Momma.

When I started this blog, I was focused on journaling my thoughts of becoming a Grandmother. I still intend to do that, but from now on I'm going to venture out. I'm not just a Grandmother, I'm also a mother. I'm a mother who's entire life for the past 20 years has revolved around her kids, and I don't want that to change. In fact, when I left Alyssa and Logan Tuesday I was so distraught over leaving Alyssa that I didn't give Logan a goodbye hug. I was a wreck emotionally because I was torn between the desire to take care of my daughter and the need to get home to my sons.

From now on, this blog will highlight the goings on of the entire family. I will chronical Logan's growth and treatment, but I will also spend time making sure to update you on the rest of the family.





No comments: